- Turf that receives high traffic pressure will be susceptible to wear damage and also increase risk of disease.
- Wear damage cause aesthetic damage as well as a poor quality playing surface.
- Where turf becomes worn and bare patches occur this provide opportunities for weed invasion.
- When the turf cover is reduced, this also reduces the stability of the soil which can then lead onto more problems.
- Turf that receives high traffic pressure will be susceptible to wear damage.
- Harden turf and avoid soft lush growth.
- Ensure good nutrition for healthy turf growth to increase wear tolerance. Ensure good nutrition to aid recovery from wear.
- Reduce surface moisture in wet conditions. Use wear tolerant grass cultivars.
- Limit traffic where possible and alternate areas of use.