The ICL Ultimate ITM progam is a series of ITM recommendations combining the best plant protection and nutritional products for optimum turf health at specific times of the year.
Click on the image on the right to download The Ultimate ITM Program information leaflet.
The programs can be purchased seperately. Individual packages are worth 15 Turf Rewards points each (5 FREE points with each program). Purchase all 3 to earn 45 Turf Rewards points. Once you've purchased the qualifying products, log the transactions on www.turfrewards.com and claim your reward.
To place an order, or for more information please contact us via email, alternatively speak to your local ICL distributor or ICL Area Sales Manager.
Buy 1 x 3 litres of Heritage Maxx or Banner Maxx together with 10 x 1Kg of SMX to earn 15 Turf Rewards points (includes 5 FREE points).
High risk disease - Anthracnose / Microdochium patch.
- Anthracnose attacks grass plants (normally only Poa Annua) when they are under environmental stress and may be triggered by low nutrition, excessive maintenance and wear pressure and soil compaction leading to reduced turf vigour
- Once disease reaches the basal rot stage fungicides are no longer effective for control of disease but should be applied to prevent further attack. Heritage Maxx is effective against anthracnose, Microdochium patch and Take-all patch disease. Apply preventatively and wash in to achieve foliar and root uptake for greater protection
- Turf should have sufficient nutritional input coming into the end of the growing season
- Avoid unduly low heights of cut and keep blades sharp
Apply SMX at monthly intervals as part of your autumn program. Trials at STRI showed marked increases in turf colour and turf quality during the autumn (without any additional nutrition) compared to untreated controls and competitor products.
Buy 3 x 3 litres of Instrata or 1 x 3 litres of Banner Maxx together with 20 x 20Kg of K-STEP to earn 15 Turf Rewards points (includes 5 FREE points).
High risk disease - Microdochium patch.
- Circular patches up to 300mm in diameter
- Leaves become water soaked, turn reddish-brown and then bleach. Pink mycelia may be visible in early morning
- Develops under various conditions: wet, humid, cool (0-15°C); high Nitrogen (N) fertility in autumn and excessive thatch
- Important to take a preventative approach
- In autumn use fertilizers with a high K to low N ratio (K-STEP)
- Spoon feeding Nitrogen ( slow release fertilizers) will avoid soft growth
- Avoid surface moisture
- Increase airflow
- Use fungicides as part of an IPM programme applied preventatively to keep surfaces clean. Refer to Syngenta Greencast website for estimation of disease risk in your area
Buy 1 x 3 litre of Medallion TL together with 10 x 10 litres of Greenmaster Liquid Effect to earn 15 Turf Rewards points (includes 5 FREE points).
High risk disease - Microdochium patch, Snow mold.
- Remove dew to optimise any growth opportunities and reduce the risk of disease attack
- Apply slow-release N and K (as found in K-STEP 6-0-27 +2MgO +TE) if growth opportunities are available
- Use iron products to help harden the sward
- Prevent disease outbreaks. Pathogens can develop quickly and cause significant damage before symptoms become visible. Fludioxynil, the active ingredient in Medallion TL and Instrata, for instance, can be used to control inoculum in the upper profile to help reduce the potential for disease attacks, especially if the turf should subsequently become covered in snow
- Winter is when you reap the rewards of your preparation work, but you still need to keep actively managing the ongoing situation. There will be opportunities to generate recovery but generally you are working hard to prevent any form of deterioration. If you can get the greens through the winter in good shape, you stand a better chance of quick recovery in the spring.
The programs can be purchased seperately. Individual packages are worth 15 Turf Rewards points each. Purchase all 3 to earn 45 Turf Rewards points. Once you've purchased the qualifying products, log the transactions on www.turfrewards.com and claim your reward.