Features and Benefits
PRESTOP can give effective control of a wide variety of plant pathogens:
- Grey mould and stem cankers caused by Botrytis cinerea on leafy crops, tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, aromatic plants, ornamentals and strawberries.
- Gummy stem blight caused by Didymella sp. on cucumbers.
- Damping-off and root or base rot diseases caused by Pythium, Rhizoctonia, Phytophthora and Fusarium spp. on vegetables, salads, aromatic plants and ornamentals.
Mode of action
The fungus Gliocladium catenulatum Strain J1446:-
- acts as a hyperparasite and produces enzymes, which cause the breakdown of cell walls of plant pathogens.
- deprives pathogenic fungi of living space and nourishment by colonizing the surface of roots and aerial parts of the plants.
PRESTOP is a wettable powder which, when mixed with water, can be applied:
- via mixing into growing media (both organic and inorganic based types).
- via drenching or soil and growing medium spraying.
- via irrigation systems including drip irrigation.
- via foliar spraying.
The most efficient way to use PRESTOP is preventatively. The active substance is a microorganism which survives in the rhizosphere and on the foliage of plants for several weeks, protecting them against pathogens.
PACK SIZE - 1KG BAGS
||Foliar spray Botrytis
|Tomato, cucumber, pepper
Foliar spray Botrytis and Didymella
|100 g/1000 plants
|Soil treatment Damping-off
|200 - 500 g/m3
by mixing into the
5 - 10 g/m2
|200 - 250 g/1000
by drip irrigation
Additional benefit against other diseases such as Plasmodiophora brassicae (clubroot) in brassica crops, sclerotinia, thielaviopsis, helminthosporium, verticillium, penecillium and alternaria species can also be expected.
Compatibility Prestop is safe to humans, the environment and beneficial organisms when used as directed.
It is compatible with many chemical pesticides and can be used in Integrated Pest Management (IPM) programmes.
Before mixing with plant protection products,consult the ICL technical team.
Product Information Sheet
PRESTOP contains mycelia and spores of Gliocladium catenulatum Strain J1446, a naturally occuring soil fungus, which is capable of providing a number of very useful disease control benefits through multiple modes of action.
These include action as a hyperparasite, production of enzymes which cause the breakdown of plant pathogen cell walls and deprivation of pathogenic fungi - regarding living space and nourishment - by colonizing the surface of roots and aerial parts of the plants.
These functions are supported by indirect effects where stimulation of the plants’ own natural defence systems takes place.
To ensure best control of diseases apply PRESTOP in a protectant programme of treatments before infection occurs.