How to take a plant tissue sample
- For the most useful results, sample the same cultivar or variety every 2–4 weeks. Always run media analysis in conjunction with tissue analysis.
- For routine tissue tests, select most recently matured leaves. For diagnostic tests, send both affected and unaffected leaves of the same age for comparitive sampling.
- Handle samples carefully to prevent damage to tissue.
- Foliar sprays and growing media should be washed from leaves before taking sample.
- Send at least 1 ounce fresh weight of clean, dry tissue per sample in a Everris™ sample bag or clean paper wrapper. NOTE: Do not use plastic, as tissue will become moldy and useless.
- Seal the bags securely and clearly label each one with a permanent marker. Use a unique Sample ID code for each bottle. Example: #14 GER 047A, BAD MUMS, POIN0001
- Complete the sample questionnaire using your “Sample ID code”. Retain a copy for your records.
- Send the sample(s) and the questionnaire(s) to The ICL Specialty Fertilizers Testing Lab within 24 hours via overnight or two–day delivery.