Suggested Application Rates
- For use in greenhouse, nursery and foliage production, container gardens, interiorscapes and landscapes.
- Homogeneous Osmocote® Plus contains 100% resin coated N-P-K plus micronutrients fertilizer cores. ICL Specialty Fertilizers' Patterned Nutrient Release Technology™ meets specific feeding cycles with unmatched consistency, efficiency and safety.
- Lo-Start® products recommended for use when additional fertility is not required early in the growth cycle, but is needed later and towards the end; such as in fall plantings or with spring crops that put on growth later in the season
- Special circumstances such as sensitive or high-value crops
- Use with Dibbling equipment
- Can be Incorporated into growing media or Surface Applied to the container surface
The following application rates are intended for general container greenhouse production and nursery stock growing conditions. Product and rate selection should always be based on individual grower practices and environmental conditions. Some factors that influence selection include:
- Specific Crop
- Type of Growing Media
- Other Nutrient Sources
- Irrigation Type
- Rainfall Amount
Incorporation Rates for Container Nursery Stock
|Lb. per cubic yard
|Kg. per cubic meter
|Grams per liter
|Lb. per 1000 sq. ft.
|Kg. per 100 sq. m.
|Lb. of N per 1000 sq. ft.
*Use low rate on heavy or clay soils, high rate on light or sandy soils depending on soil test.
For surface application rates on various container sizes, please refer to the Product Information Sheet.
For greenhouse applications, ICL recommends using low to medium rates. Contact your local ICL Specialty Fertilizer Territory Manager for more information and/or detailed advice.
As circumstances can differ and as the application of our products is beyond our control, ICL Specialty Fertilizers cannot be made responsible for any negative results.
Directions for use
- Verify your product analysis, longevity and rate for your plants in your production system. For further guidance contact your local ICL Specialty Fertilizer Territory Manager or call ICL Specialty Fertilizer Customer Service at 800-492-8255.
- Rate tables are printed on bag labels and can be found on product information sheets as well as on www.icl-sf.com.
- For incorporation, blend into growing media to ensure uniform distribution of fertilizer prills. Do not over-mix to avoid damaging fertilizer coating. Growing media should be used within two to four weeks after incorporating fertilizer.
- For top-dress applications, refer to suggested rate tables on bag labels and product sheets. Uniformly spread fertilizer on container surface; avoid piling fertilizer dose directly against plant stem.
- Irrigate after application. Irrigation frequency and volume should be adjusted during the crop production cycle according to crop type, environmental conditions and desired soluble salt levels.
- A product trial is recommended before adopting a new fertilizer program or making full-scale changes to standard cultural practices. Test several rates on representative plant types.
- Use caution when applying to plants being over-wintered under cover. If you cannot monitor soluble salts and/or adjust irrigation practices, avoid Fall and Winter application.
- Product storage: Store in a clean, cool, dry place. Re-seal opened bags by folding top down and securing.