It combines the advantages and efficiency of phosphoric acid with the ease and safety of a solid crystalline fertilizer. The use of PeKacid (An “acid in the bag”product) replaces the conventional application of technical- and agriculturalgrade phosphoric acid, resulting in an easier, safer and more effective fertilization process. Due to its acidic nature, PeKacid has an anti-clogging action and enhances nutrients’ uptake. ICL Specialty Fertilizers uses PeKacid technology in many of their water-soluble fertigation formulations.
The benefits of PeKacid Technology:
- Reduces pH of hard water when applied directly into the water
- Prevents clogging in the irrigation / fertigation systems, in turn allowing uniform water and fertilizer distribution across the field
- Cleans clogged drippers by dissolving precipitates formed during irrigation /fertigation
- The acidification effect decreases P-fixation in the rhizosphere and promotes (trace)elements uptake in alkaline soils (pH >7)
- Simplifies handling thanks to the unique dry form of phosphoric acid.