Application guidelines for Controlled Release Fertilizers
Crops require nutrients throughout their active growing period. Controlled Release Fertilizers (CRFs) are designed to supply nutrients throughout the growing season. Agroblen and Agromaster reduce the need for side-dressings, which are often poorly timed and can potentially result in nutrient gaps. By supplying nutrients throughout the season, Controlled Release Fertilizers can increase fertilizer efficiency and yields, often affording farmers the option of reducing application rates without sacrificing productivity.
1. Agromaster and Agroblen products are developed for field application
2. These CRFs can be applied through broadcast application or they can be applied by row, spot, bed or even plant hole
3. When applied by row or spot, make sure the product is 10 cm from the plants (see figure)
4. The application method used is dependent on the crop and the product chosen (please contact your local ICL sales adviser for a customized recommendation)
5. Agroblen (100% coated NPK) can be recommended for plant-hole application; Agromaster cannot (as it contains uncoated fertilizer)
6. For the best results, CRF should be incorporated into the first 5 cm of the soil
7. Apply CRF before planting or 20-30 days after sowing
8. If there is a drip irrigation line, apply the CRF close to the drippers (see figure)
9. Thorough irrigation is recommended after application.