Perfect Poinsettias with Peters
In pursuit of operational excellence, Newey Roundstone adopted a precision nutrition package with Peters for its Poinsettia crop - carefully tailored to complement the water supply.
Crop: 300,000 Poinsettias - 1 litre, 10.5cm and 6cm pots (Poinsettia minis).
Production challenges: tight supermarket specifications, exacting humidity requirements and zero whitefly tolerance - due to Bemisia threat. With previous nutrition programme - issues with yellowing leaves.
AngelaWeb: Water samples taken and employing AngelaWeb precision nutrition software programme showed N and Ca levels in original feeding programme were insufficient to fulfill crop needs.
Product recommendation: Peters Excel CalMag Grower (15-5-15+CaO+3MgO+TE).
- High purity means it can be run at higher EC.
- Pure formulation so completely soluble - not paying for nutrient that don’t dissolve.
- Unique M-77 chelating formula generates quick plant response - while Ca helps keep plants healthy.
- Crop management easier.
- Improvements in quality and crop colour throughout production.
- Keeps irrigation pipes clear - no sludge build-up at bottom of feed tanks.
- Packing more efficient - yellow leaves almost eliminated.
For more information on our Peters and other watersoluble fertilizers CLICK HERE>>>